ESCAPE to Thrive 2018
Escape to Thrive 2018 supports advocates to continue their work effectively – all with the ultimate goal of improving cancer patient education and outreach.
No other conference offers this balance of learning and skills to embrace the WHOLE advocate – professionally and personally.
Check back this summer for more details and registration.
Health Policy Advocacy
Decisions are on the horizon with the new administration that may directly affect people with cancer. Learn how to become a voice for cancer patients/survivors on state and federal health policy issues. Interactive sessions will include strategic updates and targeted training on engagement.
Cancer Care in 2018
Up-to-date, critical information on advances: new diagnostics, biomarkers, genomic sequencing, targeted therapies, and immunology. Discover the role clinical trials and FDA approval can lead to novel agents and therapies. What are the implications for effective patient advocacy?
- the advocate’s role in understanding and advancing survivorship for those they serve;
- treatment summary and care plans and effective methods of dissemination;
- the patient’s role in transitioning from active treatment to primary health care physicians
Learn mindful “life in balance” techniques for combating compassion fatigue and burnout in advocacy work and how to incorporate them into your personal and professional lives.
Is escape right for you? Are you…
- On the front lines of cancer advocacy as a professional or volunteer survivorship advocate?
- Affiliated with a nonprofit cancer organization?
- A patient educator, navigator, social worker, blogger, research reviewer, community outreach/support group leader or engaged in other advocacy work?
- Seeking to gain productive collaborations and powerful partnerships with fellow cancer advocates, industry representatives and other stakeholders?
- Wanting to know more about how to effect change in public policy on a local, regional, and national level?
- Looking for ways to combat compassion fatigue and prevent burnout?